Certified Food Protection Manager Course (CFPM)
Formerly Qualified Food Operator Course
CFPM Courses have resumed at NDDH.
Class size is limited to 20 people. Please call our office at (860) 774-7350 to make sure space is available before sending in payment.
Thursday, April 27, 2023 Register by 4/6/23 FILLED Thursday, May 18, 2023 Register by 5/1/23 FILLED Thursday, June 22, 2023 Register by 6/5/23 FILLED
Time: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Register for an upcoming class by selecting the CFPM form under the “Food Service Materials” tab on our Forms/Permits page.
Don’t fret if NDDH classes are filled…explore these other certification options:
- Online ServSafe certification courses at: https://www.servsafe.com/ServSafe-Manager/Get-Certified
- The CLICK (Commercially Licensed Co-Operative Kitchen), 41 Club Road, in Windham offers a ServSafe certification class once a month. Call 860-786-7907 between 9:30 am – 6:00 pm on weekdays, 12:00 – 5:00 pm on weekends.
- CLICK Home: https://clickwillimantic.com/
- CLICK Teaching Kitchen page with classes:https://clickwillimantic.com/teaching-kitchen/
The Certified Food Protection Manager Course is a one day course for Class II, III and IV Food Establishments as required by the Connecticut Public Health Code, 2022 FDA Model Food Code. CFPM Certification is valid for five years.
The CFPM course incorporates all of the information taught in the FAST class, but in much greater detail. You will learn the standards in food safety, foodborne diseases, and food service sanitation. The exam, given at the end of the class, certifies you as a Food Protection Manager, which fulfills the CT Public Health Code requirement.
Northeast District Department of Health
69 South Main St, Unit 4
Brooklyn, CT 06234
Class size is limited to 20 participants.
On the day of the class, please bring:
- Photo Identification
- Course text book
- Two #2 pencils
- Pen and highlighter
Important Class Information:
- Information on CFPM course fees can be found in the Fee Schedule on our Forms & Permits page
- Students must purchase their own book for the class and are responsible for reading the book in order to be thoroughly prepared for the class and exam. Class books are not available through NDDH.
- Current book is ServSafe Manager, 7th Edition, which is available online from major book retailers. Be sure that your book contains an unused Answer Sheet, which is required to take the exam. Used books may not contain the required Answer Sheet.
- If your book does not contain an Answer Sheet, or you are taking a re-test only, NDDH will have Answer Sheets available for purchase at a cost of $58. You must provide five working days’ notice prior to the class date if you will need an Answer Sheet.
- If you do not pass the exam, you may re-take the class and exam again for $140 OR purchase an Answer Sheet for $58 and attend only the final two hours of the class to re-take the exam.
- If you require an exam in a language other than English or an oral exam, you must notify us upon registration.
If you are unable to attend an NDDH CFPM class, click here for a list of other approved testing locations.