Vial of Life Program
Life-saving medical information for people at home and unable to communicate.
The Northeast District Department of Health (NDDH) VIAL of LIFE Program is designed to provide emergency medical responders with potentially life-saving medical information in the event that a patient is injured or ill at home and is unable to communicate.
Many emergency response services in the NDDH district recognize and use the NDDH Vial of Life program. District residents are invited to download program components below. Then, follow these simple steps:
- Fill out the medical information form.
- Place it in a plastic bag with other important health care documents and tape it to the front of your refrigerator.
- Tape or stick one bright red decal on the plastic bag and another on your front door or window. This alerts emergency responders that you are a VIAL OF LIFE participant.
That’s it! Simple, easy, and can literally save your life.
The program can be used by all family members but it is especially helpful for senior citizens, those living alone, or those who are chronically ill.
VIAL OF LIFE decals or complete kits may also be requested by calling NDDH at 860-774-7350.
- Vial of Life Cover Letter
- Vial of Life Instructions
- Vial of Life Emergency Medical Information Form
- Vial of Life Sample Decal – Print in color, cut, and tape to refrigerator and place one on an inside window on the front of your home, facing out.
NDDH is grateful to the State of Connecticut Office of Rural Health for providing the grant funding that allowed us to replenish our Vial of Life kit supply.