We're off...and walking! It's the launch of HealthQuest's When Is Your 10? It doesn't get any easier than this...just go for a 10-minute walk each day. Morning, afternoon, evening...anytime!
HealthQuest Northeast Connecticut (HQ) is a regional health and wellness partnership working to make northeast Connecticut a healthier place to live, work, learn, and play. When is Your 10? is another healthy lifestyles campaign in a long line of successful HQ initiatives.
April is Move More Month and there is no better time to get moving...and keep moving! Here's how you can move right along with us:
- Take the kids. Take your parents. Take your friends. Take your colleagues. Take the dogs! Go for a 10-minute walk each day. Try to build up to three times a day.
- Take your walk, take a picture, and post it with #WhenIsYour10.
- Plan friendly walking challenges with others.
- Encourage employees and students to walk during breaks and recess.
- Like the HealthQuest Northeast CT Facebook page to learn more about When Is Your 10? and the many ways HealthQuest partners, schools, businesses, town leaders, students and citizens are walking the walk.
- Visit HealthQuest partner websites to learn more about their When is Your 10? walks.
- When you're ready for more than a 10-minute walk, check The Last Green Valley's Spring Outdoors calendar for hundreds of walks.
When Is Your 10? also memorializes the dear HealthQuest partner we had in national walking expert Robert Sweetgall, who inspired millions of people across the United States to take up the lifelong health benefits of walking by starting with just 10 minutes a day.
Put your best foot forward and take a 10-minute walk toward wellness!
When we ask "When Is Your 10?" Answer with action!