Certified Food Protection Manager Course (CFPM)
formerly Qualified Food Operator Course
The Certified Food Protection Manager Course is a one day course for Class III and IV Food Establishments as required by the Connecticut Public Health Code, 2013 FDA Model Food Code. Please note, Class II establishments have until January 1, 2019 to attain CFPM Certification. CFPM Certification is valid for five years.
The CFPM course incorporates all of the information taught in the FAST class, but in much greater detail. You will learn the standards in food safety, foodborne diseases, and food service sanitation. The exam, given at the end of the class, certifies you as a Food Protection Manager, which fulfills the CT Public Health Code requirement.
Register for an upcoming class by selecting the CFPM form on our Forms/Permits page.
Upcoming CFPM class dates:
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Northeast District Department of Health
69 South Main St, Unit 4
Brooklyn, CT 06234
Fee: $120.00 per participant - See Important Class Information below for more details.
Class size is limited to 25 participants.
On the day of the class, please bring:
- Photo Identification
- Course text book
- Two #2 pencils
- Pen and highlighter
Important Class Information:
- Students must purchase their own book for the class and are responsible for reading the book in order to be thoroughly prepared for the class and exam. Class books are not available through NDDH.
- Current book is ServSafe Manager, 7th Edition, which is available online from major book retailers. Be sure that your book contains an unused Answer Sheet, which is required to take the exam. If you purchase a used book, it may not contain the required Answer Sheet.
- If your book does not contain an Answer Sheet, or you are taking a re-test only, NDDH will have Answer Sheets available for purchase at a cost of $58. You must provide five working days notice prior to the class date if you will need an Answer Sheet.
- If you do not pass the exam, you may re-take the class and exam again for $120 OR purchase an Answer Sheet for $58 and attend only the final two hours of the class to re-take the exam.
- An NDDH instructor is also available to proctor an exam at a rate of $58 per hour.
- If you require an exam in a language other than English or an oral exam, you must notify us upon registration.