Qualified Food Operator Course
The Qualified Food Operator Course (QFO) incorporates all of the information taught in the FAST class, but in much greater detail. You will learn the standards in food safety, foodborne diseases, and food service sanitation. The exam, given at the end of the class, certifies you as a Qualified Food Operator, which fulfills the CT Public Health Code requirement and is a national certification from the National Restaurant Association.
Register for an upcoming class by selecting the QFO form on our Forms/Permits page.
Upcoming QFO class dates (all Tuesdays):
February 7, 2017
May 2, 2017
August 1, 2017
November 7, 2017
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Northeast District Department of Health
69 South Main St, Unit 4
Brooklyn, CT 06234
Class size is limited to 25 participants.
On the day of the class, please bring:
- Photo Identification
- Course text book
- Two #2 pencils
- Pen and highlighter
Important Class Information:
- Students must purchase their own book for the class and are responsible for reading the book in order to be thoroughly prepared for the class and exam. Class books are not available through NDDH.
- Current book is ServSafe Manager, 6th Edition, which is available online from major book retailers. Be sure that your book contains an unused Answer Sheet, which is required to take the exam. If you purchase a used book, it may not contain the required Answer Sheet.
- If your book does not contain an Answer Sheet, or you are taking a re-test only, NDDH will have Answer Sheets available for purchase at a cost of $55. You must provide five working days notice prior to the class date if you will need an Answer Sheet.
- If you do not pass the exam, you may re-take the class and exam again for $105 OR purchase an Answer Sheet for $55 and attend only the final two hours of the class to re-take the exam.
- An NDDH instructor is also available to proctor an exam at a rate of $50 per hour.
- If you require an exam in a language other than English or an oral exam, you must notify us upon registration.