9:00 am - Public Hearing
9:15 am - Vote on Proposed Fiscal Year 2019 Budget
2018 Regular Meeting Schedule
January 11, 2018
April 12, 2018
June 14, 2018
September 13, 2018
November 8, 2018
Time: 3:00 pm
Location: NDDH Conference Room, 69 South Main Street, Unit 4, Brooklyn, CT 06234
Click here to view Agendas/Minutes.
NDDH Strategic Plan - Updated November 8, 2017
FY 2017 NDDH Town Annual Reports
|Town of Brooklyn||Town of Pomfret|
|Town of Canterbury||Town of Putnam|
|Town of Eastford||Town of Sterling|
|Town of Hampton||Town of Thompson|
|Town of Killingly||Town of Union|
|Town of Plainfield||Town of Woodstock|
Board of Directors
NDDH is governed by the Board of Health, comprised of representatives of the towns we serve. The number of representatives is determined by each town’s population. The Director of Health, Susan Starkey, MPH, MS, RD, is a non-voting member of the Board and serves as its Secretary/Treasurer.
|Rick Ives (Alt)|
|Canterbury||Luther Thurlow||Building & Trade; Finance; Quality Improvement|
|Jack Tucker (Alt)|
|Eastford||Arvind Shaw||Personnel; Quality Improvement|
|Ashlyn Ellsworth (Alt)|
|Hampton||Robert Grindle||By-Laws; Personnel; Union Negotiation|
|Edward Burchfield (Alt)|
|Killingly||David Griffiths||Board Vice Chair; Personnel|
|Tammy Wakefield||Board Chair; Ad-Hoc: Personnel; Bylaws; Finance; Union Negotiation|
|Vacancy (Killingly Alt)|
|Elaine Lippke (Borough of Danielson)||Finance (Interim Chair); Quality Improvement; Union Negotiations Chair|
|Heidi Clifford (Danielson Alt)||Personnel; Ad Hoc - Ordinance Review|
|Robert Kerr||Building & Trade; Union Negotiation|
|Robert Andrews (Alt)|
|Putnam||Jay Sinha||Food Service; Union Negotiation|
|Anthony Falzarano (Alt)|
|Sterling||Lana Salisbury||By-Laws; Ad Hoc - Ordinance Review|
|John Firlick (Alt)|
|Thompson||Delpha Very||Quality Improvement|
|Orla McKiernan-Raftery (Alt)||Finance|
|Joseph Kratochvil (Alt)|
|Woodstock||Dr. Gail Dickinson|
Six Governance Functions of a Local Board of Health according to the Connecticut Association of Boards of Health:
- Policy development: Lead and contribute to the development of policies that protect, promote, and improve public health while ensuring that the agency and its components remain consistent with the laws and rules (local, state, and federal) to which it is subject.
- Resource stewardship: Assure the availability of adequate resources (legal, financial, human, technological, and material) to perform essential public health services.
- Legal authority: Exercise legal authority as applicable by law and understand the roles, responsibilities, obligations, and functions of the governing body, health officer, and agency staff.
- Partner engagement: Build and strengthen community partnerships through education and engagement to ensure the collaboration of all relevant stakeholders in promoting and protecting the community's health.
- Continuous improvement: Routinely evaluate, monitor, and set measurable outcomes for improving community health status and the public health agency's/governing body's own ability to meet its responsibilities.
- Oversight: Assume ultimate responsibility for public health performance in the community by providing necessary leadership and guidance in order to support the public health agency in achieving measurable outcomes.